1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook Integration

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moix, Aug 18, 2012.

1. moix

moix Member

Is there any way to integrate fb to my existing contact?

I know i sound absurd atm, ok let me put it like this

I want facebook integration like HTC Sense. is it possible? without rooting ? i know i can solve this issue via rooting but i dont want to root it now.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Every android phone with the facebook app "Integrates". What exactly is it you want in your contacts from facebook?

3. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

I think he means the contact photos synchronising with facebook and maybe seeing facebook updates from the contacts. I don't think you can see updates but there's an app that lets you sync the photos. I just don't tknow the name because I don't use it. Something with pix in it i think

4. SUroot

The photos dont update automatically. Just the original sync. My HTC Dewsire was the same. I use "sync my pix"

Adding facebook widget to a homescreen adds status' in my contacts app.

5. laptopquestion

laptopquestion Android Enthusiast

I also use SyncMyPix to update my contact photos with those in Facebook.

6. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast

Why don't the sg3 sync the pic like most other phones

7. moix

moix Member

thank you all for your feedback, and yes u guys got it right, thats exactly what i meant.

Previously i had HTC One X, and the only good thing i liked about it was this complete facebook integration, ie. My facebook calender was synced to my calender showing everybody's birthday.

In contact it has this option "merge" fb contact with your google contact so that u can review the latest status update, contact pictures, it is how every still possible in S3 but you have to do it manually ,to every single contact..

8. SUroot

this is my 3rd android (2x HTC) and all of them sync picture only once.

9. SUroot

Not true. If names are same, it automatically joins. Its not mind reader though. Doesn't know contact "mum" should be joined to facebook profile "Jenny Smith"

10. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

you can add the facebook calendar as an ical calendar within gmail then you can add that calendar in android. ive done it and have all the facebook birthdays synced

EDIT also you can sync with calendar within s3 without doing what i did above.

if you go to settings > accounts > add account. you will see an option for "facebook (for syncing)" pick this option and after you log in it will allow you to tick sync pictures with gallery and sync calendar

11. twin-k84

twin-k84 Lurker

Calendar doesn't appear in Facebook account sync settings

12. SUroot

This is in calendar - calendars - add account - add accounts

newtoandroid99 likes this.
  13. deekum1627

deekum1627 Android Enthusiast

My father has the g3 and when I first set it up the pictures sync, now for whatever reason it don't show the contact pictures idk what he did. every phone I had syncs pics.

14. valorian

valorian Android Expert

I came across this post while searching. My phone does not sync my contacts with their facebook profile picture like my Inc 2 did. Is this phone unable to do this?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews