1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook issues (pairing, authorization, contacts)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by like2eatpie, Jun 6, 2013.

1. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    i just saw an update for the app pushed to my device today. did you get this latest update?

in the facebook settings tab under account settings, uncheck the three options (calendar, contacts, live feed) then re check them again.tap the three dots top right and select "sync now".

if that does not work, head back in there and go to the three dots then "remove".

go into apps and swipe screen to the left to "all". scroll to facebook for htc sense and force stop.

if none of the above is working, verify this issue occurs on wifi as well as data and make sure nothing on your desktop version of facebook has been changed.

this is really a simple thing to fix, but if you have some other app disabled or something interfering, its going to be an uphill battle to try and fix over the internet.

Advertisement

Banished Angel likes this.
  2. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    IN, USA
    I am running the most current version of Facebook.

If I open up the Facebook app and go to Account Settings > Notifications > Mobile Push all the options are unchecked. If I try to check them the page will refresh and it will be unchecked again.

3. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    ok you have an issue with the facebook app.

un install ALL updates to facebook, clear cache (again), remove its sync options from the accounts and sync section.

press and hold the power button until the phone reboots on its own (look at the message on the screen telling you to continue to hold the power button).

once this occurs, go to the google play store and REINSTALL the facebook app.
    once this happens go into accounts and sync and check those options again.

you are NOT rooted correct?

and does this happen on cellular AND wifi data?

4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    IN, USA
    I followed your steps exactly. With the new Facebook update there is a bar in the notification panel that will show friend requests, messages, and updates, but my phone will still not make a notification sound or make the notification light blink. When I go into the Facebook app it will still refresh the page and not let me check any push notifications. This happens on wifi and mobile data and I am NOT rooted.

marctronixx likes this.
  5. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    not sure what else to say other than a factory reset. It's hard to imagine one app is causing this issue for you.

if you do not want to factory reset, perhaps someone else can offer help.

you may also want to cast a broader net and search the internet to see if others have experienced this issue.

Banished Angel likes this.
  6. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert
    None

The Android Facebook app is and always has been dodgy with notifications in my experience.

They seem to work when it feels like it. I have had this experience on all of my phones. My wife is the same with her Desire S.

marctronixx likes this.
Tags: