1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alexward, Dec 24, 2012.

1. alexward

alexward Newbie

Good evening all.
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
    As the title says, I'm having issues with the Facebook ap on my new Nexus 4.
    9 out 10 times, it won't update. I have to switch the phone off and back on again to get it to work. Ive tried deleting and re loading the ap, but it still will not update most of the time. It does this whether its on WiFi or 3G. Every other ap works perfectly. Just keep getting the loading screen.
    Has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix??
    Many thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Thats

Thats That guy is This

Sounds like you need to leave a feedback update with Facebook themselves. I personally have not had an issue with mine.

3. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Merry Christmas to you as well. I haven't had any problems with the Facebook app. Maybe clear data or un/re install it.

4. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Android Enthusiast

I frequently have problems with Facebook refusing to update or show anything recent regardless of what settings its on. I know that as the others here have said it works for them but personally I think its a horrible app. I've pretty much given up with it and use either the web version via chrome or use seismic or flip board. Facebook messenger however works perfectly.

5. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

The Facebook app was recently updated to version 2.0, which is written in native code. It's better than it was, but still far from perfect. That being said it updates just fine on my phone. As others have said try clearing the data or reinstalling the app.

6. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

Mine's pretty ghetto as well. Hopefully it gets an update soon for bug fixes.

7. northernale1

northernale1 Android Enthusiast

I actually haven't had this issue, until christmas day for awhile,, but today all seems better, I think it was a facebook thing

8. Krunk83

Krunk83 Android Enthusiast

Facebook app sucks. I'm sure it was them.

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews