• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Login problem

D

Deleted User

I have been locked out of my Facebook account for a few months now because I have 2-Factor Authentication turned on. I have contacted Facebook many times, but have not received a complete & helpful answer.
I am wondering if anyone here can give me some advice/help.

How I logged into my Facebook account:
1. Using my desktop computer, I'd type in my email address & password.
2. Get a message asking for my Two-Factor Authentication code.
3. On my phone, I'd open Google Authenticator to get the code.
4. Back on my desktop, I'd type in the code & then I'd be let into my account.

Problem:
My phone broke bad enough that I cannot gain access to Google Authenticator & therefore, I cannot get the code.

I've tried Facebook's 'Need another way to authenticate?' route, but that didn't help at all.

Using Facebook's 'Login Approvals Page', I've sent Facebook all this information along w/my Driver's License; but received this emailed reply: "We can’t give you access to this account or help with your request until we receive an accepted form of ID that matches the information listed on the account."

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

ocnbrze: Unfortunately, that is correct :(.
I'll read over the link you've supplied, perhaps something will help me. Thanks.

Dannydet: I did replace the phone & downloaded Google Authenticator to the new phone. But to transfer my information, I need to access Google Authenticator on my old phone. I'm just hanging onto the old phone (for now) just in case I do find a solution that will help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I have been locked out of my Facebook account for a few months now because I have 2-Factor Authentication turned on. I have contacted Facebook many times, but have not received a complete & helpful answer.
I am wondering if anyone here can give me some advice/help.

How I logged into my Facebook account:
1. Using my desktop computer, I'd type in my email address & password.
2. Get a message asking for my Two-Factor Authentication code.
3. On my phone, I'd open Google Authenticator to get the code.
4. Back on my desktop, I'd type in the code & then I'd be let into my account.

Problem:
My phone broke bad enough that I cannot gain access to Google Authenticator & therefore, I cannot get the code.

I've tried Facebook's 'Need another way to authenticate?' route, but that didn't help at all.

Using Facebook's 'Login Approvals Page', I've sent Facebook all this information along w/my Driver's License; but received this emailed reply: "We can’t give you access to this account or help with your request until we receive an accepted form of ID that matches the information listed on the account."

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones