• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

facebook manual sync - android 2.1

AdrianR

Lurker
May 22, 2010
So i see that everyone is having isues with syncing Their facebook contacts to their contact list but I have the hero and am very content with it. I was on 1.5 until earlier today when I upgraded to 2.1. My question is that when I had 1.5 i manually linked my phones contact list with the persons facebook page. Now with 2.1 I want to manully do the same thing but my phone isn't even populating the list of Facebook friends so I can't even pick anyone.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone know any fixes?

ok.. SO.. I actually kinda figured it out... and to quote the supervisor, I know more about this phone than she does... lol...

go to Settings / Accounts-Sync... remove Facebook... delete the facebook app...

go into your application settings IN facebook, and delete anything that is for Facebook for android/HTC Sense etc...

restart phone...

Go to Settings.. / Accounts-Sync - re-add your facebook account..

re-add the facebook app..

NOW!.. this isn't going to be an immediate fix, it still took about 10+ minutes after doing this for the linking to take place... but after it started they all filled in...

be patient..

Reactions: lokipimpin
Upvote 0
ok.. SO.. I actually kinda figured it out... and to quote the supervisor, I know more about this phone than she does... lol...

go into your application settings IN facebook, and delete anything that is for Facebook for android/HTC Sense etc...

restart phone...

NOW!.. this isn't going to be an immediate fix, it still took about 10+ minutes after doing this for the linking to take place... but after it started they all filled in...

be patient..
Finally some insight on this issue thank you...so simple an It didnt even cross my mind...thanks

Upvote 0

restart phone...

be patient..

Do u re-add facebook or facebook for htc Sense?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones