• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Messenger Refresh Sound

AeolianReflex

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
Southern California
I know this isn't an S4 question but I figure with all the smart folks on this forum maybe somebody can help me.
Does anyone know how to get to the sound files used in the Facebook Messenger app? There is a subtle sound that is used when you pull down the list of messages to update it that I want to be able to use for my text messaging notification sound.
I'm not rooted and really don't want to root my phone just to get it.
If anyone happens to have the file that they can send to me I will pay with a "Thank You" to the post of their choice!

I know this isn't an S4 question but I figure with all the smart folks on this forum maybe somebody can help me.
Does anyone know how to get to the sound files used in the Facebook Messenger app? There is a subtle sound that is used when you pull down the list of messages to update it that I want to be able to use for my text messaging notification sound.
I'm not rooted and really don't want to root my phone just to get it.
If anyone happens to have the file that they can send to me I will pay with a "Thank You" to the post of their choice!

If you go into my files on your device and find the Facebook file. You can find the Facebook notifications folder in it. Then just copy and move it to your devices notifications folder and wa la. You can then use it for messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones