1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook Messenger 'waiting for network'

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Matty2213, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Matty2213

Matty2213 Lurker
    None

May 25, 2013
    Hi all,
    I'm having an issue with messenger for Facebook. It constantly says 'waiting for network' and the only way I can get rid of it is by force quitting the app, but even then it comes back.
    I've tried clearing cache/storage of the app and it still does nothing. I've gone through all possible settings to no avail. I'm using an S6 Edge. This started happening after I encrypted my phone/sim card so it may have something to with that but I'm not too sure. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    If all else fails, use a browser for Facebook and Messenger instead

3. dusty999

dusty999 Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2017
    Female
    This happened to me after the last Android update - also the Google Play store had the same problem - telling me I had no internet connection when I DID have an internet connection.

I tried many suggestions I found online (except rooting) and none worked. What did work was weird - I left my house and went to a friend's house and my phone connected to their network. The problems went away!

When I came back home and my phone connected to my network again, the problems were still gone, so as of today (the next day) it seems to be fixed!

*Update - the fix only lasted a few hours. Now the TuneIn radio app won't work either on my home network (and Messenger and Google Play are broken again too). Luckily I have a public wifi near my house and the TuneIn app will work from that, but I want to use my home network, not a non-secure public wifi! Grrr! Don't know what to do now! (Also switching to the public wifi then back to my home network didn't work)

#3 dusty999, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017