• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook name & pictures not showing up in messages?

Jennicka

Lurker
Aug 9, 2011
Hey everyone,
I am entirely new to this forum & to android so please excuse me for sounding like a moron :p

Anyways, I just got the Motorola Triumph & I linked Facebook to my phone & contacts. Everyone's Facebook picture & name shows up in my contacts, but when they text me neither their picture nor their name shows up in my messages - just their phone number. I've tried resyncing, factory reset, and manually linking them with no avail. I'm considering rooting my phone with gingerbreak or even taking the phone back if this cannot be resolved.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance! :eek:

You might want to try Go SMS Pro instead of the stock app. Or, if you don't like that, experiment with other options. Download it from the market (it's free). I use that and my facebook contacts come through with names and profile pics.

The nice thing about android is that there is usually a solution -- either from the market or a developer -- so I wouldn't dump your triumph yet. Also, I'm pretty sure rooting won't affect this at all, neither to help nor hinder. Rooting your phone right now will allow you to download apps that let you tether or set the cpu speed, etc., but won't affect how the stock apps are working.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Jennicka
Upvote 0
Well, no.
I wouldn't want to return a phone for that simple reason, however, if I'm going to pay $300 for a phone, it better do everything I want and then some..

I tried GO SMS Pro & it made some of my contacts work, but not all of them. This is so mind boggling. More of my contacts showed up when I used SMS Pro but still not all of them. It's weird beause their name, number, and picture show up in my contacts but not in my messages. Thanks for the help so far. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

Upvote 0
yeah I'm having the same issue! Glad I'm not the only one..
I had the Optimus before this, and the contacts worked perfectly with that. I made sure I had the same settings on this one as far as linking my accounts, but it still won't show pictures and some of the texts don't even have names...yet when I click the blank picture it will go to the persons contact. I'm stumped!

Upvote 0
Same problem, Facebook photos are shown in contacts list but they are NOT shown in MESSAGES and in CALL LOG

I bought my Samsung galaxy ace 6 days ago. Then, 3 days ago my bluetooth and wifis stop woring and I get a new phone, but I run again into problems with this issue U_U

Its my first Android and right now Im feeling very very dissapointed!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones