1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Facebook news feed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djbuick, Jun 7, 2012.

1. djbuick

djbuick New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Weird thing has happened and I don't understand how it happened. My news feeds were coming just fine then a couple days ago they decided to only go down a narrow strip down the middle. The app is full screen but the feed is about 1/3 of the width running down the middle. Like this.

Facebook
    [..................................{news feed }..............................]

Advertisement

2. ComputerGranny

ComputerGranny Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Female
    Retired
    Everywhere in continental U.S.
    Mine's doing the same thing. Only happens with the app. Everything is normal in the browser. I tried unistalling and reinstalling the app with no improvement. It is the same in both portrait and landscape mode.

3. rolento76

rolento76 New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    I am having the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. Hopefully this can be resolved soon.

4. CargoMatatu

CargoMatatu Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Male
    I.T. Product Manager
    Luxembourg
    Me too. I find it particularly annoying!

5. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Female
    Publicist, Personal Assistant and All around Girl
    The newest update was a huge fail. For some reason they decide to force it to treat tablets like phones. That's why it's formatted like that. It also forces the photos to display horribly. I have no idea what they were thinking.

6. ComputerGranny

Jun 27, 2011
    Female
    Retired
    I don't know if it's temporary, but tonight it seems to be fixed! Am I imagining it?

7. ComputerGranny

Jun 27, 2011
    Female
    Retired
    Another update. I guess I'm nuts. Except for that one time, it hasn't worked. Sorry for the false info. I found a suggestion to switch from stretch to fill screen to zoom to fill screen. That does allow you to see the whole picture, but messes with the resolution of everything else. I do not have a problem on my Android phone or on Facebook via the browser.

8. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Female
    Publicist, Personal Assistant and All around Girl
    Yeah I just go to Facebook via the browser. It's a shame they ruined the app though.