• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook not linking

sanity29

Jan 9, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not sure if it's just me or not. Yesterday my phone stopped connecting to facebook. It doesn't update in the people anymore, but does just fine with the fb app from the market. I thought maybe I did something to screw it up so I decided to reset the phone and start over. Now I have nothing linked to facebook and not sure if there is a setting I'm overlooking or not. When I go into the people app, and then try to link someone I know is a friend, it pulls up nobody for any option.
Anyone else having an issue with this? Any suggestions for fixing this? I have tried syncing through the settings>account and syc.
I'm running stock 2.1 so you all know
Thanx

ok heres what fixed it for me and im not saying it will for you but mine is all linked up after not linking since last Thursday. First i went to People > menu > view and then i checked the facebook box. This box wasnt there for 4 whole days. After that i just went to settings > accounts and sync > facebook for htc sense and hit sync now. After that all my facebook contacts were there. Good luck and i hope it works for some

Upvote 0
Here's the response I got from HTC just today:

We are aware of the concern with the facebook syncing. There seems to have been a miscommunication between Facebook servers and your phone and that caused an inability to sync updates. This seems to have happened after the latest security update on facebook, and reports online have been indicating it is with android over all as some other phone makers are looking into the concern as well. We have been working with Facebook to determine a fix for our customers. In the mean time, we have found that some customers have success when editing their work profiles on their Facebook page. If you have added a company and have checked the box next to “I currently work here,” simply add the City / Town of your office. This will allow for HTC Sense to communicate with Facebook without failing. You can also delete the work information, and add it back after we have made the appropriate changes to solve this issue. Some people have also mentioned that this should apply to the eduction fields as well.

So I tried all that (deleted my education and work information on Facebook), but I still don't get contact pictures updated from Facebook (and they're all blank since I also had to reset my gmail associated account to fix another problem with gmail syncing not working last week). At least I have my contacts syncing, but it's really frustrating not having the pictures for nearly everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones