1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook Notification Sound Volume

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Stuntman, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    The notification sound for the Facebook app always seem to play at the highest volume level. I set the notification sound volume level on my phone to about 50% of max. All notification sounds from all other apps (such as Gmail, Twitter, Message) plays at the appropriate level. Only the Facebook app plays the notification sound at 100%.

Does anyone know how to adjust the volume level for the Facebook app notifications?

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I turned off notification sounds for my Facebook app now. Got woken up last night when someone sent me a FB message even with the notification volume turned down to 0. This is so annoying.

3. arana

arana Newbie
    None

Oct 14, 2011
    happens to me too, apparently since your post over a year ago they hav enot fixed this in the facebook app, but it always uses RINGER VOLUME for its notifications instead of notification volume.

4. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2012
    Male
    California
    If you are willing to pay for an app, take a look at Light Flow. The paid version can handle your facebook notifications (among dozens and dozens of other apps) and you can set notifications volume by type of notification. For example, facebook can be one volume or off completely while a text message could be another, etc.