• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook notifications not working when in deep sleep

_wigfield_

Jul 11, 2022
Is this a known problem? I have everything checked unchecked. If i don't touch my phone for 1-2 hours i don't receive any notifications from Facebook until i go into my phone then they pop up, if someone sends me a message through messenger i do receive it, I'm guessing because it's a separate app.

My Phone: Samsung A52S 5G

Totally frustrated with it as i cant think what else i can try.

Is your phone still online when it's in "deep sleep", does it still receive other push notifications? But I think someone else was reporting problems with FB notifications recently. Maybe a common problem that FB needs to fix?

I don't use Fakebook myself, so no experience of this.

Hi, Yes my phone is still online i still get notifications from other apps emails etc.. but even then this doesn't wake up Facebook and alert me of Facebook notifications.

I went into my Facebook account on my computer and logged out of all sessions and now on the facebook app i have lost Device level notifications categories.

I have just read the post someone put up yesterday about Facebook notifications, i think that is a bit different as he is saying he isn't getting any notifications. I am getting them it's just when the phone hasn't been touched for 1-2 hours i stop getting them not until i go into my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I don't know about "known problem", all I can really say is that I don't think I have it myself - although I work on the principle that there's no such thing as an urgent Facebook notification I'm generally aware when they arrive (not least because they don't vibrate on my smartwatch the way more important things do), and have never noticed what you describe.

You could try messing with excluding FB from battery optimisation, see whether that makes any difference?

Upvote 0
I don't know about "known problem", all I can really say is that I don't think I have it myself - although I work on the principle that there's no such thing as an urgent Facebook notification I'm generally aware when they arrive (not least because they don't vibrate on my smartwatch the way more important things do), and have never noticed what you describe.

You could try messing with excluding FB from battery optimisation, see whether that makes any difference?

I have messed with the battery optimisation also using the Samsung white list which doesn't make any difference. this is definitely a strange one i cant think of anything that will be killing the process when i haven't touched the phone for a while.

I had the same problem with Gmail but i thought that was a widespread problem, i have moved to K9 mail without any problems.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I couldn't decide if it was a setting on the phone or Facebook app because I'm still getting notifications from messenger.

It's not a big problem more of a annoying one as i have to keep waking up the phone.

What is strange is that i have lost device level notifications categories since i logged out of all sessions.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones