• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Notifications

croths

Lurker
Jun 13, 2010
Just switched from a Google Nexsus to this phone, so far loving it, especially the battery life and the themes. But I’m getting frustrated with Facebook notifications, I can’t stop them. I’ve gone into Facebook and tried to stop it that end, in the phone I’ve gone into Notifications/Apps and blocked it but they still keep coming. Is there something I’m missing please? Any hints are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Uninstall the Facebook app. Use your internet browser to go to Facebook. When you get to your page, add an icon to your home screen.

Then in the future you can launch Facebook by pressing the icon. It will work a little different than the app, but personally I prefer it over the app.

I'm new to Android after using windows phones forever. How do you add an icon from a web page? In windows I could pin any website to my start screen, but haven't figured out how to do that here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones