1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook Notifications????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bgs_piece, Jul 2, 2011.

1. bgs_piece

bgs_piece Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    Just today I started receiving facebook notifications on the top notification bar but I have never signed into facebook from the phone. I also checked the website and all of my notifications are turned off. I only get them when someone sends me a message and when I drag the bar down and click on it nothing happens. It is becoming really annoying so I would greatly appreciate any help. ​

Advertisement

2. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Have you tried removing the facebook account, and adding it again?

3. bgs_piece

bgs_piece Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2010

I haven't tried removing the actual facebook account, but I have tried removing the facebook app. Even with the app deleted, I am still getting updates for messages received. They show up like an email notification, but when you click on it nothing happens except for the notification goes away.

I did a factory reset about a week ago and have been adding the games/apps I hade prior all week, but the fact that is just started yesterday is what has me puzzled.

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    The version of blur that Moto puts on here enables the X to sync with Facebook for things like caller ID, contact statuses, and allowing messages to arrive to the device like an SMS would, all without having the app proper on your phone. Try removing the account, then either load it separately, or just sync the account to see of you get a different result.

bgs_piece likes this.
  5. bgs_piece

bgs_piece Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2010

Thank you for the suggestions. This is going to make it seem like I don't know how to use my phone, but where are the sync settings for the blur version of facebook? I'm assuming that is what allows the photos from FB to be connected to contacts and caller ID? If I remove that account, then the photos will no longer show right?

6. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Sadly, for Facebook there are no settings. It's all or nothing, with "all" being what I outlined above. If you go into your account settings (from your home screen), you can add or remove which accounts you want the phone to sync up.