• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Notifications

I have an android device but do not seem to receive facebook notifications or push notifications. I have goodled this and do not seem to find any answers?

Can anybody help

im running 4.2.2 on a ThL 5000 MTK6592 Octa core Android 2GB 16GB Smartphone 5.0 Inch 13MP camera 5000mAh

I dont think i could get notifictions on my S4 previously either, does anybody have any sugestions?

I did have facebook to send me email notifications but these are often 10/15 mins later then a push notification....

ive seen answer such as unistall app and reload, clear cache, reboot phone etc to no luck im afraid

Any help would be appreciated

The notification settings can be found within the app.

From within the app tap the settings symbol (3 horizontal lines) at the top right of the screen. Scroll down to settings then account settings and notifications. From here you can control the notifications for your account which can be sent by Facebook. The settings here will limit what any app or device will notify because they are your account settings & will apply to all devices & browsers.

Then press the back button twice & select app settings. Choose a refresh interval & select which notifications the app should give you. Note that these are the notifications that apply to this device. It can't notify you of something that you have not enabled in your account settings in the previous step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones