1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Facebook online directory errors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by patton4549, Jul 27, 2010.

1. patton4549

patton4549 New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Sycamore, IL
    I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues, I have added a facebook account to sync with facebook sense and when I go to online directory it says I have zero friends when I try to refresh I get a connection error. Anyone got any advice? I have tried to remove account and sync again but still no luck

Advertisement

2. mattw4220

mattw4220 New Member

May 28, 2010
    Des Moines Ia
    ya im having the same problem talked to verizon yesterday and they said its a connection between HTC an facebook and that HTC is working on the problem

3. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    NoVA
  4. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    I'm hoping that when Froyo comes out it will be fixed.

5. hbk5585

hbk5585 Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    I just posted a fix I found...it worked for me...

Hey,

I in no way take credit for this, but I haven't seen this posted in this forum...I found this in the xda forums, and it works!

For anyone having problems syncing to Facebook for HTC Sense:

1)Go to your facebook profile on your computer browser

2)Got to Info, then Edit profile

3)Go to Education And Work

4)Under employer: I changed both position and city/town to include whatever city you are currently in. If you have multiple employers (past and present), change those too

5)Go to your Incredible, settings, accounts & sync, Facebook for HTC sense, sign in & it should work..

Again, I take no credit for the find...just noticed that it hasn;t been posted here yet...and I can confirm that it works.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/134359-fix-those-having-facebook-fot-htc-sense-problems.html

6. Asuryan9

Asuryan9 Active Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Sorry just realized I might of done something wrong, the position should say where I live also, not just the city/town?

7. hbk5585

hbk5585 Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    I am not totally sure...it took me a couple of times of doing it to get it to work..the second time I tried, I did both position and city/town and it worked...try it and see what happens...:)