• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook phonebook empty

installed the new version of facebook taken from the moto droid i believe, works just great and is a better version in ui and speed, but when i looked in my facebook phone book it seems to be empty not anything there,

im currently using version 1.1.0

the old version thats on the market is 1.0.1, does display my phonebook with name and a pic

any ideas, as to get this working

Indeed i have signed in on the new version, the icon got updated to one with colour and the folder is face fronting, where the old one was gray and was slightly on the side, the widget got updated too still the same apart from the facebook sign on the widget looks like it has multiple layers, iv tried deleting the facebook phone book widget and re-applying it again to the home screen and resetting the phone to no luck

Upvote 0
I just got a new Droid, the old one had a problem with the camera button. Anyway, I logged into Facebook and chose sync all. Then I added the Facebook Phonebook folder that I use to have on the home screen on the old one but now it's empty. I made sure that the Facebook account had synced and deleted and readded the folder to the home screen but it still opens up to an empty folder. Anyone else had this issue and/or found the solution?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem on my Hero, the phonebook worked fine recently and I'm not sure what I installed to break it because I don't use it often.

I've reinstalled over the top (v.1.1.0 over v1.1.0) without success.

I can't see anything particularly scary looking on my recently installed list but these are the things I've just put on, if others have done the same it might point us in the right direction:

Updates to

Twidroid Pro
Taskiller Full

Installs of

UK National Rail Train Live
Gem Miner
Better Terminal Emulator

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones