• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook Places not available?

Hi everyone, hoping someone out there can help me solve this problem since I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I know we're behind, but my husband and I just got the Droid Incredible phone this weekend. So far we're very happy with the phones, but I have an issue with Facebook Places.

From what I have seen and read on Facebook, Places should work with Android phones. It does seem to work on my husband's phone, but not on mine. When I go to the Facebook page, it does not even show me the option to "Check in." Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?

While I have waited to find a solution, I purchased the 99-cent CheckIn app and installed it. It seems to be OK, but I haven't been able to figure out how to "add" a location or business to the places available. That's why I was hoping to be able to do it through Facebook, as well, since I know it has the option to add places.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!! I like a bit of a dunce now, but I greatly appreciate the help and information. I double-checked that I had the proper Facebook app installed, and it was, but it turned out it had an update available. So, once I updated it and went to the main screen as you mentioned, it was there and working fine! Thank you again for the help and welcoming me to the forums!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones