1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook Places not available?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Snagglepuss82, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Snagglepuss82

Snagglepuss82 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Newspaper reporter
    Alabama
    Hi everyone, hoping someone out there can help me solve this problem since I haven't been able to find a solution yet. I know we're behind, but my husband and I just got the Droid Incredible phone this weekend. So far we're very happy with the phones, but I have an issue with Facebook Places.

From what I have seen and read on Facebook, Places should work with Android phones. It does seem to work on my husband's phone, but not on mine. When I go to the Facebook page, it does not even show me the option to "Check in." Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?

While I have waited to find a solution, I purchased the 99-cent CheckIn app and installed it. It seems to be OK, but I haven't been able to figure out how to "add" a location or business to the places available. That's why I was hoping to be able to do it through Facebook, as well, since I know it has the option to add places.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    First, welcome to the forums.
    Second, you have to download the facebook app that is in the market. And on the main screen, in the middle, you should see the "places" portion of the app.

Snagglepuss82 likes this.
  3. Snagglepuss82

Snagglepuss82 Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Newspaper reporter
    Alabama
    Thank you so much!! I like a bit of a dunce now, but I greatly appreciate the help and information. I double-checked that I had the proper Facebook app installed, and it was, but it turned out it had an update available. So, once I updated it and went to the main screen as you mentioned, it was there and working fine! Thank you again for the help and welcoming me to the forums!

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

You can also do it directly from the browser by going to touch.facebook.com - which brings up the check-in option.