1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook Problems

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bugger, Jul 17, 2011.

1. bugger

bugger Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2010
    Florida
    I have an Incredible 2 and I am having some problems with my Facebook. I have facebook for htc sense and facebook for android installed. I have noticed that I am not getting notifications for all post, etc.. I may get one now for something that some replied or liked 4 hours ago.
    I also noticed that I am not getting all my status updates. I understand top news if for the most popular people and pages you interact with the most. The most recent section should essentially before for everything, but I have noticed that I am still not getting to see all my status updates. If I go to friend stream through the facebook for htc sense, I see more then just the regular app.
    It's really frustrating because I don't see it all.
    Could the problem be because I have Facebook for android and Facebook for htc sense installed? I dont want to have to do a factory reset unless I absolutely need it.
    My blackberry facebook worked without a problem.
    What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I think it's just a fb problem. I get fb notifications randomly never have been consistent. But i switched to friendcaster for fb and have had better luck with my notifications

3. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Female
    my job
    AZ
    I haven't been getting notifications either. I reverted back to getting texts with comments

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have an HTC Desire Z and have never been able to get FB notifications working. I just use FriendCaster for notifications.

5. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    I am not a big fan of Friendcaster. I prefer FB for Android.

That said, I have had a lot of luck logging into FB on a PC and setting every possible text notification offered, and use my gmail account for the rest.

Then I installed Go SMS PRO to have pop up SMS windows. When I get a common FB notification, I get a big SMS popup window, and for the other notifications, I'll get a Gmail notification. That way, I don't have to depend on the FB app for notifications.

6. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I generally use the FB for Android app as well. I only use FriendCaster for notifications and a few other tasks. I set up FB to send notifications via email as well.

What FC is very good at is notifications. I set up FB to send email notifications. When I receive an email notification from FB, FC is able to pick that up and notify me as well as delete the FB email, so my inbox is not cluttered with FB emails. On top of that, FC plays a "Facebook notification" sound for FB notifications instead of a general "Email notification" sound. That way, I can tell if I got a Facebook update or an incoming email.

7. MrDeeJ

MrDeeJ Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    My big problem with the Facebook App is that every time I go in to the app my feed is reset to Top News. I have to keep changing it to Most Recent. I have no need to see posts from hours or even days ago that people are still commenting on. The app use to remember which feed I wanted but no more. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but still resets my feed selection every time.

8. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 7, 2011

I hear you. Worse yet, one day I went Most recent, then back to Top News and the FB app went into an infinite loop of refreshing Top News that neevr stopped, even after a reboot it was stuck refreshing. I uninstalled the most recent app update, went back a version and have been much happier.