1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook Problems

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by maserati, Feb 3, 2014.

1. maserati

maserati Lurker
    None

Feb 3, 2014
    Hello guys. I have a problem using facebook from my phone. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 and everytime i post a comment or status update from my mobile it doesn't say "via mobile" any more AND it seems like my general location (etc. 26 January near London) has disappeared. I have tried everything, all settings are on (gps, location services) I have even uninstalled and re-installed the app but nothing seems to work. Can someone help me please? Its simply frustrating since a few days ago everything was working fine and I havent changed any settings. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    Did the app itself update if so it could of been a change to the app

maserati likes this.
  3. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Reno, Nevada
    Maybe a recent update killed the "via mobile" option? Otherwise you could try clearing your cache/data and try posting something and see what the outcome is. Then again I haven't used the fb app in several months, when I did use it, it never showed "via mobile" for me, wasn't that big of a deal to me anyway.

For the location, I haven't the slightest clue lol I've tried getting it to show my location in posts but it never would and I never could get it figured out either lol.

maserati likes this.
  4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

It's not app related, or phone related. FB updated (again) and that's not showing for anyone. Most of the people I follow post from mobile and it no longer shows for them either. iPhone or Android, just not there now.

maserati likes this.
  5. maserati

maserati Lurker
    None

Feb 3, 2014
    Thank you guys for your answers. The funny thing is, I tried to log in from another mobile, which has these features still and even from there nothing of the above mentioned was showing. Just because it was MY account :p Sooooo annoying!

6. meerwais

meerwais Lurker
    None

Feb 8, 2014
    I am having problem with video download from Facebook since it's last update. Before when I'd click a video I'd open prompt pop-up to select the application to play video with or to download, but since Facebook's last updated videos get played automatically when I click on it. Can anyone help me please how to download videos from this new version of Facebook or to recover the previous version of Facebook?