1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook SMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by richcowell, Nov 1, 2010.

1. richcowell

richcowell Member

Does anyone know of a way of getting Facebook SMSs to show as one thread rather than loads of separate ones?

The numbers they're sent from are very similar: 226600xx

Is there a way of creating a contact for that number so they'll all show together?

Hope that makes sense, and someone has a solution!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Android Expert

The only thing I can suggest is to create a new contact called facebook and add the different numbers to that contact when they come in. Eventually they should start to appear in a single conversation.

I have the same issue with Orange, they use a different short code number every time they message me.

richcowell likes this.
  3. richcowell

richcowell Member

Do you know, sometimes the simplest, most obvious solutions are the best, and often the ones we never think of...

I'll do that, thanks :)

Okay, so I tried that, and they're still all separate, but now rather than the number, it shows with Facebook and the logo as a contact icon...

Worth a shot, but sadly not the solution I was looking for :-s

4. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Android Expert

Hmmmmm... it must group unique numbers rather than contacts :(

5. richcowell

richcowell Member

Yeah it seems that way... I've tried with just the first 6 digits, and then with wildcards for the last two, but can't find any way of doing it...

Oh well... It's not exactly a huge issue or flaw, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that someone else finds a way lol...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews