• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook Sync Contacts Help

YankeeJay

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
SoCal
I have come across the same problem as many...my contacts have doubled since syncing with Facebook. There are some FB contacts I'd like to keep, and others I would like to delete. I plan on deleting those but don't want them to re-appear at a later date. Is there a way to turn off FB syncing after just the initial sync? I think that's my best option at this point.

New here so thanks for the info in advance and I hope to get enough knowledge to help out on the forums soon!

Jay~

I believe it's either all or nothing. You either have them synced or you don't. For the most part having them there is a pain in the butt. At least you can sort though, so you can just see phone contacts or whatever if you need to. It always defaults to All Contacts though which is annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones