1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Facebook Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by keolaokawai, Nov 23, 2010.

1. keolaokawai

keolaokawai New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Is there a way to sync my Facebook contacts so my friends fb pictures link in my contacts, BUT I do not want my phone to sync all the birthdays and events from facebook to my calendar. It seems I can only do both. Is there an option to opt out of the events sync while opting in for the contact sync???

Advertisement

2. Flamurf

Flamurf Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I'm having a huge problem with my calendar and my facebook contacts. It appears when I first started using the phone it synced them together. Problem was I had a bunch of friends on my facebook account, that weren't really my friends. They were only on there for the zynga social networking games :eek:. Now I'm stuck with all there stupid birthdays and what not on my calendar. I thought if I deleted them all from facebook, then they would be removed from my calendar when I resynced. Nope wasn't the case. I'm stuck with 1000 friend updates who I don't know on my calender feed.

3. Patches O'Houlihan

Nov 26, 2010
    I am pretty sure you can de-select the Facebook calendar. Open your calendar, push the button to the right of your "home" button, then select "more", then "calendars" Here you can un-check the FB calendar!

Blue Skies~

kettlecorn likes this.
  4. Flamurf

Flamurf Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I know you can. The problem lies if I do want to use the updated facebook contacts. It's all or nothing.

5. kettlecorn

kettlecorn Member

Nov 20, 2010
    +thanks

Wow, how did i not see this. I was trying to figure this out. I hate the fact that all this garbage facebook events and birthdays of numskulls I dont ever talk to are plastered on my agenda, instead of useful information. I don't know how I couldn't figure this out.