1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support facebook syncing with contacts in contacts list

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by axlrose85, Apr 29, 2012.

1. axlrose85

axlrose85 Lurker
    None

Apr 9, 2012
    I've turned on auto syncing of facebook contacts and have also tried manual syncing. However the pictures of my contacts in my contact list still did not update to what was shown in their fb profile pictures..solutions anyone?

Advertisement

2. eaa315

eaa315 Newbie
    None

May 6, 2012
    Sales
    bump, needing this answer as well.

3. Max Revson

Max Revson Newbie
    None

May 6, 2012
    The Little Red Dot
    From what I read, the Facebook app has a problem doing this due to the API requirements of Google that are not met by the FB app.

Download SyncMyPix from Google Play and follow the instructions therein.

eaa315 likes this.
  4. eaa315

eaa315 Newbie
    None

May 6, 2012
    Sales
    syncmypix seems like it's going to add some contact pictures from FB profile pic, but then doesn't? Hmmmm I continue to get even more frustrated.

I had an HTC Inspire from AT&T and it updated my contact pics from FB with no issues, what gives with the SG Note?

5. Max Revson

Max Revson Newbie
    None

May 6, 2012
    The Little Red Dot
    It doesn't? It did for me. I only had to adjust around 60 of my in-phone contacts to point to the correct FB contacts and it pretty much did everything else for me.

HTC users apparently had the ability to sync FB pics with their contacts built-in to their phone (SyncMyPix – Sync Your Android Contacts With Their Facebook Pics | Android Newbies).

From (http://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-enable-facebook-contact-sync-ice-cream-sandwich-41136/):
    Here's a possible explanation as to why sync is not possible: Google Disables Facebook Contact Sync in Android 2.3.3 (Nexus S Only, for now)

6. Fessler5

Fessler5 Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2012
    SyncMyPics worked for me!

7. Fahad Ibrar

Fahad Ibrar Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2012
    There is an easy way to solve this problem.no need to download any app.just go to 'contacts' then select 'activities' on the top (may be at no.4) from here touch the list button on ur mobile (i mean touch the button u usually use to open different options just like 'settings' etc. in any app) here click on 'add account' then a new screen will appear here scroll to bottom and click on 'add acount' in the next screen select 'facebook' enter ur facebook email and password and login......phone will automatically start synchronizing(if u have selected auto-synchronizing) after some time when synchronizing will complete the contacts pictures will be appear.......

Hope it will work for u......