1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Facebook text pic and updates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lild304, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Lild304

Lild304 Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Northeast Ohio
    I intentionally put two seemingly separate issues in the same subject because I feel like they might have the same fix.

First issue:
    I have Facebook linked to my Eris so my text threads show my friend's FB pic as well as mine in the message screen. My picture has not updated in 4-5 months with at least 3-4 picture changes. How do I get my picture to update?

Second issue:
    In the People app(?) it has a green circle over a person's name with a number in it or the number of Facebook updates they have. I cannot, for the life of me, get the number to go away. I've tried checking FB through the individual contact but it still says I have the same number or updates.

I apologize if I left out necessary details. Please let me know if you need any more info and if you have a solution. Thanks so much in advance!! :D

Advertisement

2. meatwad

meatwad Active Member

May 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Are you running the stock Sense UI? If so I had the same problem on my phone. I made sure all my contacts were Google contacts so I knew I could get them back. I deleted the Facebook app and removed all the contacts from the phone. Reboot your phone then resync the phone with Google and redownload Facebook. It's a pain but it works. In hind sight I would probably back up my Google account to my PC before I erased my phone too.