• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook update with 2.01

yea bloo is pretty bad. its soooo slow in loading anything. the native app is much faster. only thing i dont like about native app is that whenever you click on someone's pics, it loads up m.facebook.com in your browser to view the pic. i don't understand why they can't make it so that it just loads up in the app. you can view your own pics, just not others. also m.facebook.com gives you a small pic, while touch.facebook.com gives you a much larger pic with better interface and also loads faster. so there are like 3 dif things you can use to use facebook properly (except chat). i would use bloo though, if only it wasn't so damn slow in loading things.

Upvote 0
yea bloo is pretty bad. its soooo slow in loading anything. the native app is much faster. only thing i dont like about native app is that whenever you click on someone's pics, it loads up m.facebook.com in your browser to view the pic. i don't understand why they can't make it so that it just loads up in the app. you can view your own pics, just not others. also m.facebook.com gives you a small pic, while touch.facebook.com gives you a much larger pic with better interface and also loads faster. so there are like 3 dif things you can use to use facebook properly (except chat). i would use bloo though, if only it wasn't so damn slow in loading things.

When I view photos in the Facebook app it brings them up in the same viewer as when I view a picture in my own gallery on the phone.

Upvote 0
The new app does seem a bit smoother with a few more options. I do wish that it would not open the browser to look at images. Hope this is something that they will fix soon.

I had been using Bloo and Babbler but am thinking about using the native app now. Bloo is nice but the images seem to take forever to load. Babbler seems a bit slower overall than the native app.

Upvote 0
Literally the ONE thing I want out of the Facebook app is the kind of functionality I got out of the Blackberry app.

All I want it to do is detect, process, and discard of Facebook notifications instantly. The app for Blackberry doesn't go out to Facebook to check for new notifications, it just waits for the e-mail to come, and throws it straight into the BB app as a notification. And there was even an option for automatically discarding of the e-mail after.

If this app update can do that, I'll be thrilled.

Upvote 0
Something went wrong with it, because I cannot see anyone's phone numbers unless I manually add them, and pre-update, I could see all of my friend's numbers. They better fix this soon. Also, does anyone else's Facebook friends in their contacts show multiple links to their profile? It was like that pre-update, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones