• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Updates

drfitn3ss

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
I'm coming from a blackberry and am having some difficulty setting up facebook properly. On my bb I had my FB updates being sent to my blackberry email address and they would only show up via the FB app within a minute or so of the actual posting.

I have the FB app on my evo but i dont get any updates through the app itself, the only way I recieve updates is by going to the touch.facebook.com website.

Is the android facebook app capable of recieving updates, or do you have to go to the website to check?

Thanks!

The FB app for Android is pretty worthless in my opinion. Is does NOT give you notification updates by itself, you have to go into the notifications and press menu>refresh. Then you will see your notifications.
The only thing that it syncs by itself in the background is messages, friend requests, event invites, and pokes. It will beep/vibrate on your phone when a message is received, but not for things like a wall post or picture comment. Stupid if you ask me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones