1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook V1.6 newsfeed issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by android4rumuser, Jun 29, 2011.

1. android4rumuser

None

Aug 6, 2010
    I seem to have issues with this new version V1.6 of Facebook app for Android. I updated to v1.6 two days ago and it seem to be working fine. But since last night, it started behaving strange.
    Whenever I launch the app, it launches the news feed directly (as before) but instead of showing the content within the app, it now started launching the Browser app and takes me to m.facebook.com page. Even then, the news feed does not load and I have a click on the small Home icon on the page.
    Is this the intended behavior of this new version?

Also when I click go back button, it seem to go back but again launces the browser and the above said site. It goes on infinitely I guess.

Anyone having this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it? I Have tried the below so far without success
    -Uninstalled the app and re-installed it. first time launch works fine (like showing the content within the app) but subsequent launch shows the above behavior.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. btswein

btswein Guest
    None
    Yup, having the same issue, as is the family friend staying with us on her Fascinate. Her husband reported issues on his DroidX as well.

3. msueagles2010

msueagles2010 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Xenia, OH
    Same problem here as well...

4. evileyez3

evileyez3 Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Developer
    USA
    fb has probably changed something. I'm sure we'll get an updated app today or tonight. I too, am having the same issues as you have described.

5. k-chill

k-chill Newbie
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    had same issues. mostly everyone is based on reading the app reviews. i uninstalled 1.6 and downloaded the previous version (from the net) which worked fine and re-installed that (sideloaded). works like a charm. it's sad a 500 billion dollar company has a 5 cent application.

6. msueagles2010

msueagles2010 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Xenia, OH
    Well, mine seems to have fixed itself.

7. evileyez3

evileyez3 Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    Developer
    USA
  8. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow, the official Facebook app AND the official Twitter app are really dropping the ball. Between Facebook's infinite refresh problem and Twitter's mass storage disability, I bet thousands of users (including myself) have switched from using both the official apps to other market substitutes in just the past few weeks. Can't be good for them.