1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General facebook

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chevytrucks2021, May 4, 2010.

1. chevytrucks2021

Mar 23, 2010
    So im running software 2.1 i got from here and i love it so far but the facebook importing my phonebook drives me nuts. I like my contacts being linked but when im going to send a text or something it has my facebook phone numbers in it. People i dont talk to over the phone and there email addresses. They are hidden from contact list but when composing a sms they are there. I tryed unselecting sync contacts but no luck. Anyone know what i can do about it besides unlinking my facebook? i like my contacts linked to ppls profiles just dont care for the extra numbers

Advertisement

2. bradrobster@gmail.com

bradrobster@gmail.com Active Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
  3. bradrobster@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Ok, I just downloaded and installed from the link and ran it. I still had the contacts showing in my overall phone list so I removed my facebook account and this got rid of all of them. I then added back the facebook account, quickly de-selected the "sync contacts". Then I re-ran the syncmypics app and it worked great. Anyone in my real phone book contacts that had a facebook account had their pic updated but nothing else is synced anymore. Now I don't have to worry about calling some of those people who I have not talked to in 20+ years...and don't really want to. :)

4. chevytrucks2021

Mar 23, 2010
    okay thanks ill give it a try............so a little off topic but i notice this V3 thing you have next to the 2.1? i got the one that the "verizon employee" posted on here is that the same thing?

5. bradrobster@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I am not sure about the "verizon employee" one, I got mine from the link that Caddy put out here. Here is a link to the sticky. It has all the directions in the first part of the thread. I think down a few posts are the build numbers. The Software Number ( on the Settings->About Phone->Software Information, is 2.36.605.1.

Hope this helps, here is the v3 link below

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/69688-htc-droid-eris-os-2-1v3-download.html