• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Faceboook Notifications

Ok. I thought the other day I got some sort of notification, but I don't remember what it was.

I don't get too many notifications.

Exactly what facebook notifications can/should we be getting on our phones?
Messages and event invites are the two that I'm constantly getting, so I can confidently say those two. Comments you receive on your status/pictures or on other people's status' that you commented, you will not. Still not sure about friend requests as I always end up being on the laptop when I get one and my sync for FB isn't often enough to where I see it on my phone first.

Upvote 0
Messages and event invites are the two that I'm constantly getting, so I can confidently say those two. Comments you receive on your status/pictures or on other people's status' that you commented, you will not. Still not sure about friend requests as I always end up being on the laptop when I get one and my sync for FB isn't often enough to where I see it on my phone first.

Where do you get these? Are they "pushed", or do they only occur at set intervals/whenever you refresh your notifications in the FB app?

Upvote 0
I have email notification on yes, but it's be nice to get direct fv notifications in the notification bar on the device.

So, if notifications for messages/events are a feature, do they come on the schedule that we have set for facebook app updates? They don't get pushed sooner, right?

If I have facebook set to update every 3 hours and someone sends me a message at 8pm, I'll get that at 11pm unless I manually go into the app and refresh sooner, right?

If the app has message/event notifications, why in the world didn't they add more types of notifications?

Does bloo do this better?

Upvote 0
Correct. The Facebook notifications are not push notifications, so they will be sent to you as it syncs or manually updates. Yeah, I find it strange that they would not include normal status/picture comments within notifications, as most people typically get those the most.

I've tried Bloo but didn't like it. Some parts weren't working for me (I couldn't go to my profile. Kept saying I wasn't a friend to this person, even though I was trying to look at my own profile), but from what I can remember, comments were not part of notifications either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones