1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

facelock after ics update... experimental

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Whiterose.uk, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Whiterose.uk

Whiterose.uk Newbie

After the ICS update, I now have facelock as a security option next to pattern and pin. It does say experimental, but I'm disappointed that I can't find any options to change any settings for it, or even add more images of my face to 'train' the recognition. it even tells you about taking images in different lights etc, but no where to actually do this. Anyone else have it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

I have it. Seems to work about 90% of the time unless lighting is poor and sometimes when I'm wearing my glasses. had some of my friends and family try to unlock it and none of them could. generally good and have pattern unlock as a backup

3. Whiterose.uk

Whiterose.uk Newbie

Do you have an option anywhere to take more than one image? At the end of setting up facelock, it states to take different pictures in different lights etc...... But can't actually find anywhere to do this? I'm only getting a success rate of about 20% on my own face ha ha

4. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

My wife setup hers today and because she reads everything (and I don't) she mentioned about more then 1 image. Think it maybe something to come as it is still in beta

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews