1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

facial recognition?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tank2211, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Tank2211

Tank2211 Well-Known Member

Not sure if the phone comes with anything like this and I'm just missing it somewhere or if id need to find an app? If I need to use an app does anyone recommend one?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

The settings for lock screen on the stock TW ROMs is where you can change the lock screen from swipe to face recognition or pass code etc.

bilgerryan, Doc and Tank2211 like this.
  3. Tank2211

Tank2211 Well-Known Member

awesome.. thank you I found it :)

4. Doc

Doc Android Expert

Code Rocks.......................:thrasher:;)

5. bilgerryan

bilgerryan Android Enthusiast

Call me paranoid but I'm still unsure about some of the permissions FaceLock requires, especially with the whole Project PRISM thing. I delete it.

6. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Mine only shows the ability to take photos and videos (camera functionality required)

General warning for face unlock....
    Its NOT secure. It can he fooled by microsoft paint. Don't use if if you have anything on your phone that requires better security.

bilgerryan and greg schmeg like this.
  7. Codegerm

Codegerm Android Expert

The face unlock doesn't have any unusual permissions. Unlike the Sprint Phone info app that has itself as an administrator with the only way to get rid of it is to be rooted so you can use TB to kill it.

bilgerryan and Doc like this.
  8. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

I'm on blu Kuban. I deleted everything sprint and everything Google that would allow. What's project prism bilgerryan?

9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

The NSA snooping program. There's a thread in politics and current affairs if you'd like to read about it/discuss it further

greg schmeg likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews