1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Factory Data Reset on Rooted, but Stock Exhibit II?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by honeybadger88, Sep 28, 2012.

1. honeybadger88

honeybadger88 New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Hi! I need to sell my Galaxy Exhibit 4G, so I want to do a factory data reset to wipe it clean. I rooted it about 6 months ago, but I have stayed on stock and just frozen and deleted some of the bloatware apps. Can I just do a regular factory data reset? I am concerned because of rumors that it might brick your phone? Also, does it matter whether your sim card is in the phone or not when doing a factory data reset? My sim card is already in my new phone (a Galaxy SII bought on the prepaid Walmart deal)...

Thanks so much for your help--you guys are great!

Kristin

Advertisement

2. flapjacky

flapjacky Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    US
    I upgraded to an S3 so I had to sell mine on ebay. Mine was rooted twice (due to the update that unrooted it). I did a factory data reset and it was fine. I my sister's phone was also rooted (no update) and the factory data reset didn't do anything to it either. I also read about bricking your phone but I just went ahead and tried it. It worked on both phones.

I took the sims out because I was afraid it might wipe the card too (But most likely not). It still let me perform the reset and wiped everything on the phone. At least I hope it did! It just had the Android set up after I did the factory reset. I wanted to log back in to make sure (Because I'm paranoid like that), but I stopped myself and didn't do it. No complaints from the people who bought my phone. I also did preliminary deleting of stray photos and info before wiping the phone just in case.