• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

factory messages app not working properly

underdave

Sep 6, 2013
Two days ago, out of nowhere and without changing any settings, the factory text/Messages app started acting up. The notification sound will not sound off, the vibration will not vibrate, the app button will not show how many new messages there are, and the notification light will not light up. I have restarted the phone and it fixed nothing. I need help please, I love the factory messaging app and need it work. Is anybody else experiencing this problem, and is there a fix?

Everything here is related to notifications, so check both the app's notification settings and the system notification settings. Make sure nothing has been blocked or turned off.

Failing that I'd at least try clearing the message app's cache. In fact I'd try clearing the message app's data before doing a reset (nothing to lose as the reset would do this anyway, but might save the hassle of clearing everything else).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones