1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support FACTORY MODE ERROR

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Knower, May 8, 2016.

1. Android Knower

None

May 8, 2016
    Male
    image.jpg Hello guys my son has a android Galaxy S3 and he's getting a message saying that Factory Mode
    DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET well my son removed the battery and put it back in, this works but I really recommend doing it once then go to a mobile network provider like Version and get a new battery. Once you have a new battery find a auto backup app and a secret app for better safety that your phone is safe.
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...8vMAhWDKsAKHWd6B-0QMwgdKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

There is no harm in removing and re inserting the battery to get out of "download mode" which is what your screenshot shows. I don't think the issue has anything to do with a faulty battery.

If the phone randomly goes into this mode (ie not on purpose - that requires booting while holding home and vol down buttons when pressing power button) then it has probably suffered from a bad software update. In that case it needs to have the software reinstalled. You can do this yourself using Odin and download mode plus a PC , but if you have no idea what I'm talking about it may be best to let your provider do it. (_there are how to instructions available on the web if you want to give it a go)

Back up everything before this process because it will wipe the phone whoever does it.