• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory refresh - What about apps on SD question?

bradyapba

Apr 6, 2011
If i do a factory refresh, will it know to redownload apps I have on the SD card? Also will it put them back there? Or do I have to put them back on the SD card. I have not put all apps on the SD card, but I was going too. Now Im thinking I should do the FDR 1st before I move apps to the SD?

See post #2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide for multiple backup and restore methods as well as how to do a Factory Data Reset and Full Wipe. Posts #1 and #2 explain that only a portion of an app is moved to the SD card, which can cause problems during updates. apps from the Play Store will install on the phone's internal memory bydefault and will need, if rquired, to be moved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones