• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset after bring your own phone Sim card change

MNM420

Lurker
Dec 1, 2017
I recently switched from metro to straight talk through the bring your own phone program. I had the phone unlocked at metro and purchased the Sim card on ebay for straight talk. Ever since I switched carriers, my phone has been slow, my my texts don't go out or come in at times, or take hours to do so, and the it's very slow when using the data. So I was thinking about doing a factory reset on the phone to see if that helps, but am wondering if that will reset the phone back to metro or otherwise affect my service? Would I take the Sim card out first and then reset it, or does it matter? And do you have any other suggestions of what I can do if not reset it-im not sure what the correct answer setting are supposed to be now. Idk if this is a common issue when switching carriers like I did, or if just a technical issue with the ephone itself and time to replace it. It's about a year old. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...

is your straight talk sim for T-Mobile or a different carrier? If it is a different carrier you need to change your settings for which ever carruer it is. Also resetting it won't effect your sim other than if it not a T-Mobile straight talk sim then you would need to change your settings again.
Link with how to check which network your sim is for https://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011/12/how-to-get-tracfone-net10-or-straight.html?m=1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones