1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Factory reset and battery life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by arenaman, Jun 8, 2011.

1. arenaman

arenaman Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    After a year I've now got 2 problems with my usually faultless Desire.

It's developed a problem with the camera and camcorder not working, just getting black screens, after contacting Orange it will have to go back to HTC for them to sort apparently

Whilst trying to sort the above I did a factory reset and since then the battery life is terrible. Whilst not running or synching anything other than having data enabled(which I always have) it literally went from 100% to less than 10% in 5hrs whilst not touching it. It was running hot as well as though it was working something but the app manager and checking data usage say it wasn't.

Would the reset have any impact on battery life? I know they need "conditioning" from new but this just seems strange.

Any help? Thanks

Edit

Ok this morning I took it off charge to see the reboot screen, rebooted and it immediately said 97% and the battery was cold. It only dropped a couple of % in an hour which is good.

I then though that I'll try the camera again, no good black screen so exited out to home screen. The battery then warmed up and started draining. It's as though it's trying to run the camera app but can't and has got stuck if that makes sense. 5 hours after taking it off charge and it's down to 35% and it's been in standby for all that time

I've just downloaded advanced task killer to see if that makes any difference.

I think I've got a rogue app running, most probably the camera/camcorder

Advertisement

2. arenaman

arenaman Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Problem sorted, Advanced task killer installed and it's still on 84% nearly 24hrs later, best it's ever been, thanks for all the help LOL

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    You can just force stop the camera app manually in the settings>applications>manage applications menu.

arenaman likes this.
Tags: