• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory Reset From emergency mode?

I am not sure I am a good source advice given my newness to the phone and my inability to login as root (bought from Carphone Warehouse) to see what is there and what is not. I was also unaware that there was an upgrade until the end of next week or the week after.

If you have done nothing to void the warranty, I would suggest returning the phone to the shop and replacing it with another one. If you have made modifications to the administrative system then it may help others to know what. It may also be helpful if you can state what lg hardware you can see, confirm the absence of the lg modem driver, what happened when you pressed the key combination, how long you waited after the apparent stall, etc...

I appreciate that this is only general advice but it may help others that know more about the situation you are in to give you pointers.

Upvote 0
well... my phone is stuck in emergency mode and in the device manager i can only see the LG android usb modem, LGE serial usb port and LG composite USB device. the usb only connects when i disable the LG android usb modem otherwise, it would be USB not recognized. Also, when i tried the key combination, it didn't do anything as i am stuck in emergency mode. Does anyone know what it means when my phone is stuck in emergency mode? does it mean that the phone's rom is messed up?

Upvote 0
The advice in the original link said that the modem one needs to be disabled or else the connection does not work. That would seem worth a try.

How messed up your phone is depends on what you have been doing to it. Unless it has been something really daft it is likely to be straightforward to recover for someone that understands the booting/flashing/etc... options but that someone is not me.

Upvote 0
A quick fix is to pull the battery and place it back where you can easily pull it out but won't come out without a small jerk. (Not recommended) but works.. Anyways pull battery out push back in then the press the power, if still in emergency mode then repeat, until it works. It could potentially harm your phone but a quick way to gani access to your phone before you send it off for fixing. I tried this quick fix but once my phone died or was reset it shot straight back to this mode. So, just use this method to get your stuff on your phone if needed off it, then be sent to fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones