1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Factory Reset - issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mustaine8661, May 2, 2011.

1. mustaine8661

mustaine8661 Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Kidderminster, UK
    Ok, being quite an Android noob I've been having a field day download installing crap on the SGSII.

This morning, I wanted to take it back to it's factory settings. Having previously used Symbian S60 before Android, I "assumed" that the factory reset would be the same - settings restored to default & all user installed apps deleted.

Now to some extent, this happened. However, I can now no longer use 3G or HSPDA mobile internet (although the signal is there). This also seems to be having a knock-on effect on the GPS.

I went through the Orange UK website to get the APN settings just in case, but the result is still the same.

Any thoughts (Other than don't do factory resets:))?

Advertisement

2. Teknik

Teknik Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 26, 2009
    Guru
    Ipswich
    I had this problem on one of my old phones, try changing the security settings under the apn screen, otherwise pm me and i can send you all the settings from my phone which is on orange / contract so they should get you up and running again.

mustaine8661 likes this.
  3. mustaine8661

mustaine8661 Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Kidderminster, UK
    Thanks for the offer of help, it's good to see there is a community here!

After I posted this, I ended up reflashing the phone with the latest firmware - it seemed to clear up the the GPS issue and the phone will now access 3G speeds so al is well!

Thanks again :)