• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Factory Reset/New ROM

Long story short, I've been without my phone since around the time of the official 2.2 update. I've had 2.2 for awhile but while my phone was in repair it was upgraded to 2.2. Anyway, I finally have it back and I've been trying to flash Cyanogen 6.0.2 back on to my phone.

Here are my problems:
-All my programs are all being automatically backed up, I don't want that. I want a fresh install. Factory Reset not actually resetting, I want to actually lose everything.
-Random programs that I didn't have before are suddenly popping up (ie DSP Manager)
-Stock programs aren't removed, Twitter, Facebook, and especially AMAZON MP3
-Can't remove ADW like I could before and replace it with LauncherPro. Plus everytime I come out of a lock it loads ADW and when I switch to LP all the widgets are broken
-EMail constantly force closes despite me never actually opening it

Questions:
-Is there something I'm missing?
-Is there a better ROM? (i love cyanogen but what do you use/like/love? i want senseless)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones