1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Factory reset, now no third party apps....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JayDH826, Sep 8, 2011.

1. JayDH826

JayDH826 Newbie

Need help figuring out how to make my Captivate accept third party apps. The one I want back the most is Amazon Appstore so I can claim my purchases. This happened after a Factory Reset.

Even better... root the damn phone! I have tried diligently to root with Z4 but can't get past the E: Signature failure!! And, superoneclick doesn't work with my Macbook.

HELP! :)

Froyo, Launcher Pro

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davep13

davep13 Member

If you had 3rd party apps allowed prior to resetting, you should be able to go to Settings > Applications > and make sure Unknown sources is checked.

3. JayDH826

JayDH826 Newbie

This is the general consensus on the Net to solve the issue. What's puzzling is that I don't have the 'Unknown Sources' option to check. Only:
    *Manage applications
    *Running services
    *Development
    *USB Settings

4. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

I recently did a factory reset and had the same problem. Here's the simple solution.

Go to the AT&T site and login to your account. There's a live technical support chat you can do. Tell the person that you need them to push the update onto your phone which allows 3rd party apps. Or, you can call them. It's as simple as that. It only took a couple of minutes.

By the way, the Captivate doesn't have the "unknown sources" option. Maybe if you're rooted. I'm on stock.

5. JayDH826

JayDH826 Newbie

Thanks...I'll give this a shot. I actually called ATT first, they referred me Samsung, and Samsung referred me back to ATT. Ugh.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews