• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Factory reset of rooted phone

zygd

Oct 19, 2012
Hi. I want to change default account on my android phone. The system has warned me that it will be reset to factory defaults. My phone has been successfully rooted, and it's content has been changed - many bloatware has been deleted, to save phone memory space I removed some apps which I found useless to me. Is it safe to remove default account or it can break my phone?

EDIT: I removed accounts.db and all files from sync folder (as someone suggested in another forum for android) from system folder. It really removed all accounts so the smartphone has been behaved as the phone out of the box (with the rest content intact). But it also had broken google apps apk and I couldn't create and verify new account. Internet was working, but android system was persistent to not create and verifiy new account. I tried the method to login to youtube app first to workaround this issue, but youtube app has passed account creation to android system and it failed again, and again and again.
So I restored previously deleted files, and after the restart the phone hasn't started up, and it has entered endless booting loop. So I has been forced to enter recovery mode, and make all factory reset. I have lost all what I have on phone but I have recovered working phone. So I rooted it again, updated with official android patch and removed all bloatcrap from it (android firmware upgrade has restored all files what I had after pull the phone from the box).

I think that removing accounts.db and sync folder is not enough, probably some other files has to be removed or changed.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones