• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset on Froyo 2.2

pTac

May 22, 2010
I have been reading that some of the problems with the 2.2 update (such as screen rotation issues) may be fixed by trying a factory reset. I have 2 question:

1. Will I loose all of my Google contacts, info, etc. and installed apps?
2. How do you do a factory reset?

Thanks!

1.Yes. You will reset the phone to its out-of-the-box state. Google should begin repopulating the phone once you log back in, but your SMS, MMS and app data will be gone forever unless backed up with MyBackupPro or Titanium Backup.

2.Under Settings, go to Privacy Settings and Factory data reset.

As an aside, I am rooted and ROMmed and have not experienced ANY problems. What exactly is wrong with your phone? :thinking:

Reactions: jmt9779
Upvote 0
What exactly is wrong with your phone? :thinking:

I got the impression that he was just doing a little research for when his OTA finally comes. I'm actually doing the same thing as a kind of "just in case 2.2 buggers my phone" type of thing. Hopefully I (and the OP) won't have to do a factory reset, but I have MyBackup Pro if necessary.

Thanks, Chief!

Upvote 0
1.Yes. You will reset the phone to its out-of-the-box state. Google should begin repopulating the phone once you log back in, but your SMS, MMS and app data will be gone forever unless backed up with MyBackupPro or Titanium Backup.

2.Under Settings, go to Privacy Settings and Factory data reset.

As an aside, I am rooted and ROMmed and have not experienced ANY problems. What exactly is wrong with your phone? :thinking:

It seems to run much different now. Slower for sure which is odd because I thought Froyo was supposed to go faster. And it seems to rotate oddly now where it didn't before I forced the update. Just some small things that drive me a little crazy! So, if I factory reset, the phone will go back to the 2.1 version which it came with???

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Droid has been running really slow lately. I took it in to Verizon and they said I had a app that is known to give issues so they removed it. The app is called MY LOOKOUT. They went on to tell me to do a Factory Reset but said it might or might not fix my issues. My main issues besides the phone being slow is I constantly get the LOW SPACE and TEXT MSG MEMORY FULL notifications. I erased my call log, all text message threads and cleared all Cache's and was still getting the annoying notifications. I am not rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones