• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset on m9c pro android 6.0 Tv Box 4k Help

Nina636

Lurker
Dec 8, 2016
Hi All,

I did a factory reset on my box last night, it asked me if I wanted to erase everything, I clicked "yes" as I assumed it would just erase and reinstall everything. Well...it seems like it hasn't. My tv stopped displaying the box on my tv and stated "no signal" and the box is on with the blue light. i can't do anything with it now, not even turn it off with the remote.

Any help would be helpful on how to reinstall

The re-installation takes time and there's no onscreen reading to guide you through the progress.

It's possible that the re-installation (or factory reset) was interrupted.
It's very likely that your box is bricked and will have to be replaced.

Can the manufacturer provide a link to the correct firmware for you to download?
That would be a start...

Upvote 0
The re-installation takes time and there's no onscreen reading to guide you through the progress.

It's possible that the re-installation (or factory reset) was interrupted.
It's very likely that your box is bricked and will have to be replaced.

Can the manufacturer provide a link to the correct firmware for you to download?
That would be a start...

Thanks Andrew, I might have to replace it as I unplugged it from the outlet. I'll leave it on over night and see if its been reinstalled in the morning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones