1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Factory Reset query

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by 4ntimatter, Dec 9, 2014.

1. 4ntimatter

4ntimatter Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out here. we bought a galaxy tab second hand and am getting an error (the application samsung home process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly stopped. force stop etc.) I tried a few fixes on youtube, but none work cause I can't access anything other than the slide down menu. and error just repeats. I would just like to restore so all his crap is off it, and was wondering if I did this "factory reset" would it ask for a 4digit code upon rebooting or something, as I wouldn't have the code. (The man who sold it to my daughter we can't contact,) probably for obvious reasons, maybe he knew it had this problem perhaps. Before this error happened I even asked him did he want me to email him the remaining family pics on the device and he won't reply. I'd really appreciate any advice you guys could give me. Thanks a million.

sorry for waffling on a bit. :rolleyes:

Kind regards.
    Gary.C

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    All a factory reset does is erase all user-installed apps and data. I'd not expect it to ask for a code after a factory reset since any code set by a previous owner would be erased by the reset (in fact it's one solution if someone forgets their own security code: it gets you back into the device, at the cost of erasing your data).

4ntimatter likes this.
  3. 4ntimatter

4ntimatter Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    Thanks for the reply Hardon ;) I mean Hadron, I'll give it a go and let you know what happens.

Cheers!

4. 4ntimatter

4ntimatter Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    Thanks mate It worked out perfect. except instead of pressing the power button to confirm factory restore etc, I had to press the home button a bunch of times to confirm things. But all is well so just wanted to say thanks.

olbriar likes this.