1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Factory reset question..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zorlac, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Zorlac

Zorlac Well-Known Member
    None

I installed the latest update via KIES for my Vibrant and all seemed really good for a while. The slow but sure degrading of the snappiness of the phone, the poor batter life, and constant lockups have now reached an all time high.
    Question is..if I do a factory reset, will it return my phone to it's original state like BEFORE I upgraded to JI6? I want it back like when I bought it, before I manually installed the GPS fix garbage update...(which ran really well for about 6 weeks..)

Ty

Advertisement

2. Yaz75

Yaz75 Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    No. You do a reset and it will remain JI6. Only flashing an old stock ROM will get you where you want to go.

3. Zorlac

Zorlac Well-Known Member
    None

Thanks YAZ...
    Man this sux. I can't figure out why my phone is locking up constantly now. I have to restart it 2 or 3 times a day. After the initial kies manual update it seemed fast and smooth, but it slowly went downhill along with my battery longevity.
    Anyway, thx again for the info...

Saddened..

4. Zorlac

Zorlac Well-Known Member
    None

Well after ROOTING and installing OCLF, I have a new phone! Running better than ever now. Thanks to the informative posts on rooting, it made rooting easy and safe.