1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Factory reset question...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lesawag, Feb 19, 2011.

1. lesawag

lesawag Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Maintaining peace in my world
    Austin Texas
    I'm thinking of doing a factory reset. Even though I have the audible selection box checked, it no longer works. Last night out of the blue, I lost the typing sound I use to hear when typing a text message.:( Ive pulled the battery a million types and still no luck. Should I or can I remove the sd card for safe keeping?? I'm afraid to reset, with it in the phone. How does the market work with a reset? Do I just resign in and download my apps? Thanks so much, I'm really nervous about resetting, but I don't think I have a choice. Thanks for the advice ;)
    I thought of a couple more things that I need to know...is there a step by step guide about resetting? I guess the first thing I need to do is re-add my gmail account to my evo so I can sync my contacts. Where do I go to set up my gmail again on the evo? Last question....I wont have to reactivate my evo will I? It will still be set up with my phone number and all right?? Sorry I know these are dumb questions, but I'm at my wits end with my evo not working right. I'm afraid I'll reset and really mess my evo up. Thanks so much for any advice.

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    A factory reset erases all user data from the phone itself. The sd card has a separate wipe procedure.

Unless you are rooted you will need to back up apps with my back up, astro app brain or make a list. If you have paid apps the will show as paid in the market.

Take note of your apps and settings. Back up sms with sms backup. Sync contacts. Reset phone.

It will walk you through initial set up of entering your google info. It does not deactivate your phone.

I believe there is a walkthrough in an older thread called" how to fix froyo"

lesawag likes this.
  3. lesawag

None

Nov 16, 2010
    Austin Texas
    Perfect, thanks. I don't know why I'm nervous and keyed up about trying a reset, but I am. It is the last hope I have in getting my typing sounds and audible selection to work again. I will go look art "how to fix froyo " now. Thanks for the help :)

Can anyone please give me a link to "How to fix Froyo" ...I searched but I can not find it.
    Thanks so much :)

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
  5. lesawag

None

Nov 16, 2010
    Austin Texas
    Thanks again for all the help, your great...:)
    Well I performed the factory reset and followed the guide "How to fix froyo",and now everything works perfect again! Yeah....Thanks for your advice and help. I'm so glad my issues are gone. :)

6. randsom

randsom Member
    None

Jan 9, 2010
    Audio Manager worked for me to get my selection sound back......just play with the volume sound bars and it comes back..............weird

7. lesawag

None

Nov 16, 2010
    Austin Texas
    The only thing that worked for me was a factory reset. I tried everything else, with no luck. Oh well, it was easy enough .

Tags: