1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root factory reset question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by verdooch96, Jul 15, 2013.

1. verdooch96

verdooch96 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 25, 2013
    Male
    FL
    what will happen if a factory reset was done to a stock s-off rooted TB 2.11.605.9? or what else could be done to remove a play store acct along w all other personal data w keeping the phone in tact? still not too familiar w HTC and their bootloader...Samsung and LG are so much easier...Ty!

Advertisement

2. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Indiana
    I imagine you'll remain s-off.

If you wanted to remove an account, just remove it from the "accounts" tab in settings.

Removing personal data would take quite a bit longer without a factory reset

3. verdooch96

None

Mar 25, 2013
    Male
    FL
    I'd like to keep the loader unlocked, keep root, and keep s-off, just wanna remove personal info to get it ready for someone else. just didn't know if I should use the stock restore or cwm 5.x.x.x. tried removing the acct but it said it had to be reset...like I said I'm just not used to HTC and their bootloader. all I have done is remove some bloat. stock otherwise besides the above mentioned.

4. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    all you need to do is "wipe data/factory reset" in cwm. keep your sd card that has all your personal photos,etc. if you have stuff like that on internal storage,copy it to the pc,and then wipe that as well. :)

verdooch96 likes this.
  5. verdooch96

None

Mar 25, 2013
    Male
    FL
    ... & that's it? no cache/dalvik wipe? by wiping internal, would that be manually or another cwm recovery option? just wanna remove any personal info & Google acct info... just thought HTC would be trickier, didn't wanna brick.

6. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    nope,not tricky it all. wiping data/factory reset wipes the /data partition,wich contains all your personal info(installed apps,email,settings,passwords,etc) as well as the dalvik cache. in the factory reset process,the cache is wiped as well. usually we recomend to wipe cache and dalvik cache manually,just to be on the safe side.

there should be a recovery option to wipe or format internal storage.

if you want the phone to be stock,you could run an ruu. if your rooted via revolutionary,your s off hboot will not be replaced. once you have the stock recovery on the phone,you could chose the "factory reset" option in hboot,wich will effectively do all the above. it will wipe everything,including your internal storage.

if the user wwants to restore root access tothe phone,or flash roms, they just need to install recovery as a PG05IMG from the sd card,and theyll be back in business :)

verdooch96 likes this.