1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Factory Reset Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kgash, Aug 5, 2014.

1. kgash

kgash Newbie

I have a Sprint Galaxy S2 which I recently upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. At first everything worked fine but today it started crashing the Settings screen when using Bluetooth. (Unfortunately, Settings has stopped working).

Since it was working after the upgrade, I would like to hard reset the phone and reinstall the Jelly Bean upgrade. My question is:

Can I upgrade directly from the reset phone to JB or do I have to go through intermediate steps by first upgrading to ICS?

Of course, if anyone out there knows how to fix this JB problem with Bluetooth, I certainly would rather do that than go through the full reset and reinstall route.

Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Once you've applied the update, you can't go back without flashing a completely new factory image. If you perform a factory reset, you will stay at JB 4.1.2.

3. kgash

kgash Newbie

Thank you for your response. I did the factory reset and when the phone rebooted, it opened with "Talkback" in operation and I don't see any way to stop it. I cannot swipe screens, or get past the first screen in Settings.
    Help

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

5. kgash

kgash Newbie

Well, I took my phone into the Sprint store and the tech there did a factory reset and it fixed the problem. Apparently they have a magic touch that I don't have.
    Thanks for your help.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews